Welcome to the
NEAOBA Fall Alpaca Show
Owners and Breeders,
Please continue to read on to find all of the information you will need to know about
Premier Double Show Weekend!
This year we will again be able to ACCEPT YOUR CREDIT or DEBIT CARDS!
New York State Health Requirements
All alpacas entered in and present at the Show, whether from within New York or from out of state:
- Valid Certificate of Veterinary Inspection within 30 days of October 22th, 2017.
- Alpacas must have a negative PCR for Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVD). There is no time frame for
this test, since one test is sufficient for the life of the alpaca. BVD test results are to be reported
on the CVIs as "negative" or virus "not detected". The date of the test, methodology (PCR) and the initials
of the lab that performed the test must be listed on the CVI. Note, alpacas tested negative by the VI test
prior to 1/1/2010 will be grandfathered in to allow entry. We remind people that the requirement of a
negative BVD test will not eliminate the possible presence of BVD at the show, but will greatly reduce
the risk of exposure. It is strongly recommended that all exhibitors institute on-farm bio-security
protocols for returning from any show or other alpaca event to minimize the risk posed by BVD and
other contagion. If you have any questions regarding BVD testing feel free to contact Sue Ives at
- Uniquely identified by Microchip and microchip number must appear on CVI.
It is strongly suggested that all animals attending are vaccinated for rabies within one year of the show.
A block of rooms have been made available at the following hotels. Please note cut off dates for each. Please mention Showtacular Alpaca Show for current rate.
SHOWTACULAR Host Hotel:
Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse Destiny USA:
311-371 Hiawatha Blvd., Syracuse, NY 13204; 315-303-1650; Room rates: King Studio $129.00; 1 Bedroom King Suite $139.00;
1 Bedroom 2-Queen Suite $149.00. Room block expires September 26, 2017 or block is full.
Please follow the link below:
Group Name: Showtacular Alpaca Show
Group Code: ALP
Other area hotels:
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse/Fairgrounds:
6946 Winchell Road, Warners, NY 13164, 315-701-5000 - Room Rate $115.00. Room block expires September 15, 2017 or
block is full.
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690:
3017 Erie Blvd. E., Syracuse, NY 13224; 315-373-0333; Room rate $115.00. Room block expires October 2, 2017 or
block is full.
400 7th North St., Liverpool, NY; 315-410-0608; Room rate $89.00. Room block expires September 30, 2017 or block is full.
All stalls are 8X10, there is a limit of 3 juvenile alpacas or 2 yearling or adult alpacas per single stall, 7
juveniles or 5 adults in a double stall. No stall limits.
It is the exhibitorís responsibility to keep the exhibition area clean at all times.
Exhibitors may advertise their sales list and sell alpacas or alpaca related products at their stalls. Several
vendors will be present to sell apparel, tack and gift items.
All stalls at the EAA & NEAOBA SHOWTACULAR will be provided with straw bedding.
Stall space will be assigned with preference given to sponsor levels and time of full payment as long as space
is available when registered. After that, placement will be determined by time stamp given by our online
Farm displays are encouraged. All farm displays must be totally contained within a stall space. We need to keep
the aisles clear for people to move throughout the building. No farm displays are allowed to spill into the isles.
- Both Farms A and B will need to complete their own Reservation and Halter Entry Forms.
- Farm A should reserve and pay, with their own check/credit card, for all of the stalls plus their own entries and extras.
- Farm B should state on their Reservation Form that they are sharing with Farm A and pay, with their own check/credit card, for their own entries and extras.
- Farm B should then pay their share of the stall(s) directly to Farm A.
- The EAA and/or NEAOBA Board Members, or designees or Show Supervisor(s) or anyone else affiliated with the EAA and NEAOBA Showtacular will not be held
responsible for any problems or injuries that may occur when sharing stalls.
General Show Information
- All Halter Show related questions should be directed to the Halter Show Superintendent, Sue Ives, phone: (804) 503-3558.
- No refunds will be given for changes/cancellations after the close of show registration (the last date
registrations are being accepted or the show sells out, whichever is first). Partial refunds will be given
out prior to the close of show registration minus a handling fee ($150 per farm or $10 per animal).
- No animal substitutions will be allowed from the original entry form, unless an animal becomes ill and
permission is obtained from the Show Superintendent. Permission must be obtained prior to arriving at the show.
There will be a $15 change fee for each change made to your show registration after payment has been made.
- The show will be run in accordance with the current rules of the AOA Alpaca Show Division. We encourage you to join the Show Division and become familiar with the Handbook.
- All alpacas shall be presented for judging with a plain halter and lead rope. The handlerís attire should be conservative, neat and appropriate for the class. Farm names
or alpaca names cannot be displayed on the exhibitor or animal during the class.
- All alpacas entered must be registered with the AOA Registry. No pending papers will be accepted.
- All alpacas must be entered in the name of the owner as listed on the ARI Registration Certificate. Animals that are in the process of being purchased or certificates that have
not been transferred, must have a Owner of Record to Show form, signed by the owner that is listed on the certificate.
- Get of Sire, Produce of Dam: Show entry is made in the name of the sire or the dam and the entry fee is applicable. A copy of the AOA Registration Certificate for the sire or dam must be
included. There is a limit of one entry per sire or dam. As exhibitors may not know who the other exhibitors are
until arrival, entry deadline for the two group classes will be 5:00 P.M. Saturday evening.
- There is a $80.00 AOA fee for all farms that are not AOA Show Division members. It is $80.00 per farm, not per animal. There is a $6 AOA Show Division fee for every animal
entered in the show, that fee is reflected in your entry fee
- An owner may only enter 3 alpacas per breed type, per gender, per color designation, per age division. Example: An owner can only show 3 white,
Huacaya, yearling, males
- Send completed entry form with a copy of each AOA Registration Certificate. Please use color definitions as
found in the AOA Show Division Handbook and the most current AOA color chart to determine the color of each
alpaca. An alpaca will not be entered if there is incomplete or missing information.
- The Show Superintendent will divide classes as much as possible. Example, for Juvenile Black Males, if entries
include 4 or more true blacks and 4 or more bay blacks, the class will be divided by color designation.